So the plan is to usher in the New Year from Cape Town. I haven’t smelled that Cape Town air since 2009 when I graduated from university so I am super excited to go back after so many years.
A few of the things I’m looking forward to doing (provided my travel buddies are game) include
- going to Mzolis (who can resist that meat!)
- the J.C. Le Roux Bubbly and Nougat tasting
- cherry picking – one of the farms I looked into says cherry time is from the last week of November until the end of December
Also, here are my top 5 tips on how to pack for a beach holiday:
- Pack 3 bottoms that are easily interchangeable and then pack tops/t shirts to go with the bottoms
- If you’re like me, you’re likely to spend more time in bikinis than wearing actual clothes so minimise on the clothes and bring out all those bikinis.
- Travel wearing sneakers. They are bulky so this way you free up more space in your suitcase.
- You need 1 pair of sandals and 1 pair of slippers. I learnt this lesson the hard way after being over weight for a 1 week trip. Yes I packed more than 20 kg of clothing for 1 week. Trust me on this one! That’s all the shoes you need.
- Don’t forget the sunscreen and the insect repellent spray. Those mosquitoes, insects and bugs can be really brutal!